Have you ever felt as if you were less worth it than someone else?
Have you ever felt as if your opinion was not as interesting as other people´s?
Have you ever created your own judgement, even about yourself, based on other people considerations?
Many of us have felt that way sometimes. I have had those feelings sometimes. That is why I am writing this post, because I know how it feels and because I worked on myself to change that perspective and believe in myself.
It took me time to understand, and believe, that creating my own value based on other´s opinion was a mistake but, once I understood it, I was able to change the whole perspective.
What to do to believe in yourself?
In my experience, there are four main “rules”:
- Acceptance In order to believe in yourself, you have to accept yourself. Completely as you are. With all the things you like and those you dislike to get the best of your opportunities (or create new ones)
- Take care of yourself. Take care of your mind, body and soul. Treat yourself with love, respect and care. Do something meaningful that reminds you how worth it you are (I used to buy flowers). Some other things to do>
- eat healthy
- practise exercise
- chat with friends
- enjoy your extraordinary moments
- appreciate little things
- be grateful
- Trust in yourself. You have an enormous potential inside, empower all your best qualities to continuing learning and trusting in yourself. If you do not trust in yourself who is going to do it?
- Stop overestimating other people opinions. We all can give our opinion of everything but they are just that, opinions based on our perspective of life. Moreover, some people opinions are really negative and destructive, they do not intend to help or support other people and on the contrary, they just want to hurt. On the other side, some people are supportive and their opinions help us to grow and improve themselves. I think it is important to ignore the negative critics and to listen to the constructive ones but never overestimate any of them. Create your own opinion.
Accept yourself, take care of yourself, love yourself. You are worth it.