As we know, the New Year’s wish list is, like our Father Christmas’ letter, full of hope. We also know that hope alone is, usually, not enough to achieve our goals. Once we are back to the day to day routine it is very easy to let the list fly away, postponing it to tomorrow (or next year..)
Then, what could you do to achieve your goals?
As a Coach, I suggest to you to be honest with yourself. To question, one by one, all your good intentions:
- Why do I want to achieve______? (Fill the gap with each of your goals)
- Which one of the following words fits better with______? (Fill the gap with each of your goals)
- I have to…
- I want to…
- I wish to…
- I commit to…
- I am convinced to…
- I am decided to…
If you have chosen one of the last three, Congratulations! Move to next step and write down your Action Plan.
If you have chosen one of the first three, you have two options:
- Review the above questions and reframe your goal.
- Try to achieve it anyway. In this case, you should know that COMMITMENT is one of the two fundamental ingredients to achieve anything you want to.
Get your Action Plan ready.
To get your Action Plan ready ask yourself the following question and make a list.
What am I going to do to achieve______? (Fill the gap with each of your goals)
Do you need some more help?
Right, imagine that our goal is to lose some weight.
We commit to achieve it, even more, we are absolutely DECIDED to lose some pounds… so:
- We have joined a gym
- We have started to eat healthier
- We have decided to drink two litres of water per day.
Great! Is that all you need to define your Action Plan?
Well, except if, for you, to lose weight is something you can do naturally I suggest you to go deeply into your Action Plan.
Some the questions we could answer would be:
- What activity will I practice in the gym?
- When am I going?
- How am I going to organize my day to day in order to cook and eat healthier?
- Where am I carrying my bottle of water?
Any other question that help us to get fully organized would be perfect…
…because here is when we meet the second fundamental element to achieve our goal. TIME.
To go with our action plan we need to organize our day to day tasks. Otherwise, we will end saying something like, I can’t do it, I don’t have time.”
This is the final step:
- Include all your activities in a list
- Make some room for the new ones, you have 168 hours per week!!
It is all about COMMITMENT and TIME.
Commit to achieve it, find the right time to organize yourself and GO FOR IT!
I am sure, YOU WILL ACHIEVE IT!!
To know more about how to achieve your goals, ask for your Discovery Session here.